My Friend Amy's Blog
My Friend Amy's Blog
A community for discussing great books!
Reviews
Showing 1-25 of 297
reviewed The Hunger Games. December 20, 2012
The Hunger Games: Book 1
We're all familiar with the old storytelling trope about the evil empire oppressing the good guys who are helpless to do anything about it. Those actual stories, though, have one particular thing in common: …
reviewed The Hunger Games. April 19, 2012
Told from the perspective of the main character, Katniss, THE HUNGER GAMES takes place in a future where the United States as we know it no longer exists. The book never explains exactly what happened, …
reviewed Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's As.... August 20, 2011
Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding
Many of us wonder what comes after death. A few are convinced that we become dust and that’s that. Others are certain that there is a Heaven and we’ll all end up there at some point...if we …
reviewed Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Cal.... January 25, 2011
Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Caleb Bender)
 I have loved Levi’s Will, a gripping novel written in a Amish males point of view, so when I heard Dale Cramer was doing a prequel to it, I jumped at the chance to receive a review copy. Dale …
reviewed You Know When The Men Are Gone by Sio.... January 12, 2011
You Know When The Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon
You Know When The Men Are Gone is a beautifully written slender volume of short stories centering around the wives of deployed soldiers based at Ft. Hood, Texas. The stories are loosely related involving …
reviewed Wounded: A Love Story. January 12, 2011
Wounded: A Love Story
Wounded is primarily the story of Gina Merritt a young single mother. She struggles to make ends meet, but she has a strong faith. At a church service for Ash Wednesday, she receives a special vision …
reviewed The Sacredness of Questioning Everything. January 12, 2011
The Sacredness of Questioning Everything
Sometimes books find us just when they're meant to (and other times they don't which is a sad story) and that feeling can be one of the best. An old blogging friend of mine has talked this book …
reviewed Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Cal.... January 12, 2011
A few years ago, I read a book called Levi's Willby Dale Cramer. I think at the time, I was really enjoying Beverly Lewis's Amish books and I expected something along those lines. What I …
reviewed Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Cal.... January 05, 2011
   I’m not a fan of Amish fiction. I know it’s all the rage in Christian Fiction right now, but, enough already.      That said. I do like Dale Cramer which is …
reviewed Mockingjay. December 24, 2010
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Dystopia, Big Brother and post-apocalypse are themes that have been included in novels so often that it could well be a life's work for a librarian to prepare an exhaustive catalogue of titles. But, …
reviewed Lost. December 20, 2010
Lost
There are blogs out there that are entirely devoted to the series of Lost. An examination of the characters, the mythology, how the entire world connects. I thought that by doing a post on the series …
reviewed The Hunger Games. December 16, 2010
posted in Forbidden Planet
Novels with dystopian themes have been popular for generations, and one of the newest, The Hunger Games, is worthy enough to merit a place among the classics. Written for teens, with adolescent main characters, …
reviewed Catching Fire. December 09, 2010
Catching Fire
Dystopia, Big Brother and post-apocalypse are themes that have been included in novels so often that it could well be a life's work for a librarian to prepare an exhaustive catalogue of titles. But, …
reviewed Mockingjay. December 04, 2010
When The Hunger Games first debuted in 2008, I began to read it and I was stunned by the books excellent pacing, amusing characters and the amusing situation of throwing several people into an arena to …
reviewed 17 Christmases. November 27, 2010
17 Christmases
Several weeks before Christmas, the family is in the car and visiting folks from different states. From Grandma in L.A. to Cousin Ben in North Carolina, they zigzag across the country enjoying each family's …
reviewed The Hunger Games. November 20, 2010
reviewed Mockingjay. November 13, 2010
Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, the spark that started a revolution, once again finds her life in chaos. Rescued from the Quarter Quell and whisked to District 13 and the seat of the rebel cause, …
reviewed Catching Fire. November 13, 2010
Catching Fire
Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, has survived the Hunger Games saving not only herself but also her fellow tribute, Peeta Mellark.      But there can only be one victor in the Games …
reviewed The Hunger Games. November 13, 2010
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Ruthless and calculating, the Capitol rules the districts with …
reviewed A Passion Denied. November 04, 2010
A Passion Denied
When did Brady's sweet, innocent Beth become Lizzie, the girl of his dreams? For Elizabeth O'Connor it couldn't come fast enough! Falling in love with Brady was as natural as breathing, now if the bull-headed …
reviewed A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of .... November 04, 2010
A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of Boston, Book
Charity O'Connor is by far one of the most complex characters I have ever encountered. The villain that I despised in "A Passion Most Pure" now becomes the heroine I love in "A Passion Redeemed". In all …
reviewed A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Bos.... November 04, 2010
A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Boston, Book 1)
What's a girl to do when the man that ignites her passion is the one man that is completely off-limits? Follow the heart-palpitating story of Faith O'Connor as she endeavors to live "A Passion Most Pure". …
reviewed The Hunger Games. October 06, 2010
Hunger Games and it's second part ( Catching Fire) were Christmas gifts from my boyfriend but I must admit that I haven't really heard much about them prior to last year's holiday. Once I …
reviewed A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of .... September 21, 2010
A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of Boston, Book
Charity O’Connor puts all of her worth and meaning of life into her outward beauty. Longing for a man who refuses her advances, Charity does everything within her power with tragic results. Will …
reviewed A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Bos.... September 21, 2010
A Passion Most Pure (Daughters of Boston, Book 1)
Faith thought she knew her sister- until she finds her in the bushes with the man Faith loves.  From page one the rift can only grow wider as these two sisters battle for the same man.  The …
1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Next
Write a Review

Share your opinion and then share it with your friends.

My Friend Amy's Blog is part of the Lunch.com Network - Get this on your site
()
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
comments
ratings
questions
compliments
lists